Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Scrappy Mug Rug Swap Christmas 2011

This month the mug rug group tried a new kind of swap.  We knew who our swap partners were and we exchanged one on one.  So my partner was Karen@Laughter in Quilts.  She many does piecing and I mainly do applique.  That makes for a great swap, we each received something we love but rarely do. Here is the mug rug  package I received from Karen:
Wasn't I lucky?  Two mug rugs, a pouch and chocolate.  Boy what a great Christmas swap!!!!!  This snowman was her first try at designing her own paper piecing pattern.  Isn't he great!! Then the snowflake, wow oh wow!!!  Love it all.

Here's the mug rug I designed, made and set to Karen:
Since Santa is one of my favorites and Karen told me she loved him too, I took a pattern I already had designed and modified it to fit a standard mug rug.  She loves it!  Which is all I could ask for.  But this isn't all I sent.  Here's the rest:


Another Santa mug rug using Christmas fabrics, a pincushion made to look like a peppermint candy.  I need to make one of those for myself.  Maybe I'll add it to my Pincushion tutorials.  How about that?

Merry Christmas!!!
Marjory

5 comments:

  1. Marjory, I LOVE LOVE your Santa Mug Rug. I am new to this Mug Rug world - can you tell me what is the "standard size" of the ones you all trade? Thanks! I want to try my hand at making some

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mug rug is 8" x 9". The group standard is no smaller then 6" x 7" and no larger then 8" x 9" and any shape. Large enough for a mug and a snack. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa rocks! Love that little peppermint pin cushion too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Santa one! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday! Merry Christmas!

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...