Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sewn Spaces Swap

Okay, Okay,  I know.  I shouldn't join to many swaps, but this one is for a sewing machine cover.  I've always wanted one.  I've even designed one for me and one for my daughter.  Life got in the way and they never got made.  So I thought I could use that design for this swap and maybe make myself one.  Go figure, my partner likes a different kind of quilting then I do.  This made me stretch my expertise.  I used EQ7 to design this paper pieced raccoon. Then I posted him to Sewn Spaces Swap on Flickr as a tease for my partner.  He was a big hit.

I haven't sewn him together but I think he will work.  I didn't want him to be alone in the center front of the sewing machine cover.  It's way to wide for that.  So today I went back to the EQ7 and used Custom Set for the first time.  First I had to design a square block for part of the tree I wanted.  I then completed the tree after I had started the layout design.  Because the designs over lap I needed to make part of the tree outside a normal square design.  Here is the results.

Now to pick out fabrics and get it sewn.  I still have to do something for the back.  Any suggestions.  I was thinking of maybe doing the same scene with a fall tree.  But maybe some smalls birds flying would be right.  I have until May 13th to get this finished and  in the mail.  I still need to design and exicute two Anything But Square potholders for Potholders Pass, another swap group on Flickr.  That is due by May 13th also.

Then there is the Bitty Block Committee.  This group exchanges in groups of 12 bitty blocks with a theme.  I joined the Sweets exchange.  The blocks are 3.5" unfinished.  This maybe too small for me. I felt I owed it to my BFF in Texas because she joined like the other 3 groups because I did.  LOL  This group is due on May 10th.  Come back soon to see what I am doing on these three groups.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! and I think birds on the back would be so cute! or maybe flowers.

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...