Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funky Pumpkin Pincushion Free Tutorial and Pattern

Here it is folks!!!  The promised Funky Pumpkin Pincushion tutorial.  It is lengthy so I again made a PDF file for you to download.  Actually there is 2 PDF files one for the directions and one for the pattern.   I think this would be fun in green, then it would be a green pepper.   So for you pepper lovers out there it is perfect.    I stuffed mine with crushed walnut shells but it could be done with stuffing also.  I like the weight of the shells.  The pincushion will not tip over that way.  Don't you hate it when that keeps happening when you are reaching for your pins.  You can get the crushed walnut shells where ever they sell pet products.  It is used as a litter for some small critters.  It is fairly inexpensive.  If I could afford it I would be using emery.  I just make too many to make that feasible.  I hope you all enjoy this pincushion.  I had a lot of fun designing and making it for my swap partners.  Don't worry there are 3 here and 1 is for me.  tee hee hee.   Check out the link pages I will be posting this item on them. 

Funky Pumpkin Pincushion Directions
Funky Pumpkin Pincushion Pattern

I love pincushions!!!
Marjory

linked to:   http://www.momnivores-dilemma.com/2011/09/halloween-link-party-my-first-halloween.html

8 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great pincushion and thank you so much for the instructions and pattern! A red pepper would be great, too, or a bowl full of different colors, red/yellow/green/orange..... I love heavy pincushions, the ones that scoot away when you're trying to jab them are annoying and make me feel mean, like they're saying "don't stick me, don't stick me!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marjory you rock with this tutorial! I can't wait to make a few because these are simply adorable! Great idea making them into peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aren't these adorable! I hope you'll link them up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! What a pretty and useful pumpkin. I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday- featured your cute pincushions on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bear-Rabbit-Bear-Craft-DIY-blog/147483145329051

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cute!!! Thanks for the tutorial. I think my house may need another pumpkin...
    --Jill
    from Jill Made It

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute!

    I'd love for you to stop by and link up at my Friday Favorites party!

    ReplyDelete

qltdwallflowers@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...